Time and time again I get in a bit of a funk with how things are going in life. I want this.. I need this to.. Simply, I just want to be well established in my blogging career. When I see others making waves, I start doubting myself and my abilities. Next thing I know I start comparing myself to others, leaving me feeling less confident! Often times I have remind myself who I am and how many things I have accomplished in life and as blogger. You can’t compare your successes and what you’ve done to others works and triumphs. I have to stay in my lane and work hard to get to where I want to be. I have to be more confident in myself and my abilities. So on today’s post I will share 8 ways on how to be more confident person in your everyday life!
- Take Care of Self: Start by adopting a healthier lifestyle by eating healthier choices and/or working out . You will feel amazing when your body is working at its absolute best- boost self confidences. To start I have been watching what I eat, and drink. I drink 2 34oz of water everyday, and start out by eating fruit in the morning. Now let me be clear this is still a work in progress, however I am taking the necessary strides to be healthier.
- Affirm yourself: Remind yourself of all these things you are great at. Take count, write all of things that you have done well and have accomplish. My mom always helps me with this one. She brings me back to reality and helps me realize who I am what I always been good it. I am creative, I am hard working, I am….. and the list goes on. Now, I am getting better with affirming myself on my own.
- Surround yourself with people who make you feel good about yourself: I love to be around people who feed my soul. These people always gas me up and tell me how to be a better me. I have a tight knit circle of black women that surround me and make me feel great about myself. I challenge you to get yourself a crew that feed your soul, and inspire you to be the best person you can be. It does not have to be gang friends, one or two will do! If you have a gang a friends that’s great too, just make sure they are solid!
- Spice Up Your Wardrobe: Start off by spicing up your wardrobe by trying out new clothing choices. This is one of the easiest thing you can to start with when building your confidence. If you are not sure where to start I will suggest to go to the store with friends and try on new clothes!
- Build Confidences Through Challenges: I believe that challenge yourself to go outside your comfort zone can boost your confidences. Just think about all the times you were uncomfortable, however you did it anyway. Thinking about those things that I accomplish helps build my inner confidences.
- Stand up for yourself: You are not a door mat. Do not let anyway run over you or belittle you. Speak up and stand up for yourself. Believe in yourself and keep going no matter what.
- Stop Worrying About What Others Think: In our lives there are going to be a lot of people that are going to talk down on us. Those people do not matter. All that matter is what we think about ourselves.
- Help Others Build Their Confidences: The ultimate confidences booster is helping others. While you are building up your confidences best way to make you feel good about yourself is by helping others with their self-esteem. Be of service!
Be confident in who you are and proud of who you are becoming.
Location: Detroit Institute of Art (DIA), Midtown Detroit, Detroit MI
Photographer: Reem | IG: @rme.photo
Shout out to Reem for returning back to photography and taking these amazing photos myself. Gorgeous !
What way help you improve your self confidences?
Share with me in the comment section. Let’s talk sis!!
Thank you so much for reading and don’t hesitate to like, and comment. Please make sure you subscribe to my newsletter. Let me know what you wanna see in the future on the blog ! I am here for y’all! 🙂