Hey everyone! How have you been doing? I know for me I had to adjust to a lot of new things in a short amount of time. For the most part social distancing has me stuck at home. It has been hard because I am naturally an extrovert.
Sheesh we are currently in some crazy times. With the recent outbreak of coronavirus aka “COVID-19” or “the Rona”, it has so many people at home, either working from home, at home with kids or full blown quarantine. Are you working from home?
For me I have been working from home for almost week now. This is all new to me. It has been quite an adjustment, however I am thankful that I have the luxury to do so. I have to be honest, one day I was going stir crazy trying to get everything together and now I am starting to settle into my work space at home. On today’s post I am sharing 8 tips on how to work from and how I adjusted to it. If you are new to working from home remotely, these tips will help set you up for success.
8 Tips On How to Work From Home
1.Get the technology you need: Before you begin working from home, make sure you grab and have all you need to set yourself up for success while at home. You going to need your laptop, or desktop! Umm the right keyboard, or mouse. Listen clearly! WiFi is necessary to have when logging into the company’s network. Make sure your internet is capable to handle the capacity of work you do.
2. Set and stick to morning routine: Get into habitual morning routine that set you up for a successful day of work at home. No, that does not mean you should roll out of bed and get to work. I know because I did it and it was not fun. Lol give yourself some time in the morning to get ready for work. Take 30 to 45 minutes in the morning to set the tone for the day. Either pray or meditate. Stretch out your body. Drink some tea, eat breakfast, or have a nourish smoothie. For me I prefer to get up, brush my teeth and wash my face. Listen to some soothing music and drink some water. Let me know if you want to know more about my morning routine.
3. Wash Up & Get Dress: You don’t need to get super dress like you would for real work day in the office. However, you should still get yourself ready for work. Brush your teeth, wash your face, take a shower, and get yourself dress.
4. Eat a fueling breakfast and eat a healthy lunch: This one is self explanatory! You should eat food that is nourishing and that keeps your energy up, especially at home. Since I am at home I have tendency to over eat, or eat the wrong thing. So I stacked up on a lot of fruits and veggies. I like to start my day off with fruits. So I will have a glass of water, banana, and/or berries. Then I will have a nice salad for lunch. I noticed how better my productivity is when I eat well.
5. Got kids?: Have a Schedule: We really do not know how much time we will have to spend at home with kids during the outbreak? However I know have a sit schedule can set you up for success at home with your kids. Know I can’t speak to this too much because I don’t have any kids. However I’ve been kid at home with my mother while she work from home. It was very important for her to keep herself and me on schedule. So made sure I had a lot of educational and entertaining things to keep me put for long amount of time. For my parents this vary for everyone. Try to have schedule for you and your kids and stick to it
6. Have dedicated work space: This one is important to me. My job is production based, so it very important for me to keep my production up. So I have to have work space that limits distractions. So to set yourself for success have a space at home that dedicated for work.
7. Take breaks: Do you take breaks at work? Well you should take breaks from work while your at home as well. Its important to for everyone to set some time aside to take step back from work. So take two 15 minutes breaks out the day to get yourself together, take a brief walk, or do nothing. You need that time for yourself
8. Keep a positive mindset & Do the Right Thing: While your at home, try to keep your mindset positive. This time is certainly uncertain, however it helps to stay present and positive. To add, make sure your doing the right thing while working from home. Make sure you are doing your job, regardless of the setting.
So how are you going to set yourself up for success while working from home? How do you feel about working from home. Let me know.
Location: Detroit, MI
Photographer: FashionLayn aka Alayna
Are you working from home? If so, what are your best practice for working at home?
Share with me in the comment section. Let’s talk about sis!! I hope the month of March is an amazing month for you.
Thank you so much for reading and don’t hesitate to like, and comment. Please make sure you subscribe to my newsletter. Let me know what you wanna see in the future on the blog ! I am here for y’all! 🙂