Is it me or I am I the only one going stir crazy being stuck at home? I know the first few weeks in March, was absolutely hard for me. I was so bored, and really going nuts trying to socially distance myself from people. Now I know in order to do our part in flattening the curve, we have to stay at home. I am not going to lie it has been hard from time to time. I am the master of spending my time alone; at times it is not fun. Other than working from home, I soon start feeling like I was running out of things to do.
Now it week 6 of working from home, self quarantine, and now the extended stay at home order (Sidenote: information based only in Michigan). I believe I finally found some entertaining things to while being stuck inside. One of my most favorite things to do our self portraits. So, on today’s post I am sharing 8 interesting things to keep your time occupied during the pandemic.
Related: 8 Tips On How to Work From Home
10 Things To Do While Being Quarantined
- Here is the time to make self care priority. If you can, find some time to do the things you can for self. Prayer and meditation is very important during this time of isolation. To prevent me to diving further into anxiety or depression, I make time for self care. Maybe give yourself pedicure and/or manicure. Or how about stretching? Find sometime during your day to make time for self.
- Get organize or deep clean! We have all the time in the world now to do those house projects we have been putting off. This is time we can use to get organize or really declutter and clean out our homes. So my suggestions are to either clean out your closets and get organize. You can use this time to clean out your pantry, and throw out old magazine. Or you can really do some deep cleaning of your home, like clean out that junk drawer, and clean the bathroom. Sidetone: Clean out your email boxes, or delete some of your old pictures in your phone.
- Zoom / FaceTime with family and friends. I just downloaded Zoom onto my phone, video chatting and conferencing are Listen yall, I need social interacting. As much as I like my time with myself, I love being around people. Feeling others good energy and all the positivity. Being at home in isolation is not fun me, it can quite lonely. To keep loneliness in check in with your family and friends. Get that face to face interaction with the family members you can’t see, or have sip and chill with your best girl friends.
- Do some writing. Use this time to write poetry, journal, write a blog post, or do some self reflection. I prefer to journal. I recently bought Michelle Obama’s, Becoming journal book, to help me write and find my own voice.
- Get creative! Work on flat lay or take your our picture, self -portrait. On this post I am sharing some of the pictures I took of myself on my iPhone.
- Take A Walk. Go outside, and get some fresh air. You can still practice social distancing while taking a walk around the block and such. A change of pace and scenery can be just what you need from being cooped up for a long period of time.
- Join TikTok! The TikTok app has had a surge of folks joining to make silly videos, dance challenges and such. I recently joined TikTok and it is so much fun. I get to be creative by adding silly videos, or makeup tutorials. It really cool to watch parents having fun with their kids on the app as well
- Rest! This is the most important thing you can do while being quarantine. My sleep schedule has been a little off, however getting the right amount of rest is best thing you can do to keep up your immune system.
So that is how I spending my time during quarantine. What are you doing to keep your time occupied?
Related: How to Spend Your Time Alone?
Location: At Home. Detroit, MI
Photographer: Me, Myself, and I
What are you doing to keep yourself occupied during the quarantine/ stay-at-home order?
Share with me in the comment section. Let’s talk about sis!! I hope the month of April is an amazing month for you.
Thank you so much for reading and don’t hesitate to like, and comment. Please make sure you subscribe to my newsletter. Let me know what you wanna see in the future on the blog ! I am here for y’all! 🙂
Also don’t be stranger on social media. Check me out on Facebook and Instagram.