Today is the Big 3-0! Happy birthday to me! I am especially thankful to see another year. Today I celebrate my birthday, my life, and very big milestone.
Just this time last year, I was writing that I was afraid to get older. Nothing like a young person telling you, 30 is old. Sheesh I would believe them. I was in this weird place about it because the world tells you by 30 you should have all together and figured out, or you hit expiration date on a personal level. What kinda of bs is that?
Anyway, I told myself that I was going to embrace my new life, and not get caught up in premature thoughts on being a 30 year old. It is just another great day for me! 30s are definitely the new twenties. Life is going to get better at this point. On today’s post I am sharing 30 thoughts on being a 30 year old!
I’m not getting older, I’m getting better!
30 Thoughts On Turning 30
1. Age is a state of mind. I am thirty but that does not make me old. If you believe and tell people you are old… inevitably you become old. Your going to look old and feel old. So I’m breaking this stupid habit of joking about being old. I feel good, youthful, and I am going to live my life.
2. There is no perfection at any age. When you get older you let go of that notion that everything has to be perfect. There is no perfect way to be. At any age stop putting so much pressure on yourself to be perfect. No one is perfect, we all makes mistake. Even in our older years.
4. Skincare is key. To retain my youthful features, skincare is important. I look at my face often to make sure that I don’t see any premature wrinkles. Thankful I have youthful genes from my parents. If you saw them, you would definitely guess their age wrong. Black can crack if you don’t take care of. So I cleanse, drink water, exfoliate, moisturize, and caress my skin. I may be 30 years but I invest in my skin!
5. I know what I am NOT going to accept. Simple as that. You know, you stick to it, and you say no !
6. Stop wasting time. I look at life a little bit different now. I never thought I was invincible but I knew time was on my side in my 20s. Well time is not on anyone side. You never know when… Use your time to motivate you to do all the things you want to. Life is not infinite… get out and live it.
7. Make time to travel. Filling up my passport in my thirties is going to be a big priority. Gaining and learning from different places and cultures.
8. Never stop dancing. Don’t take life so seriously. Keep dancing and have fun.
9. Trust my gut. Trust yourself and use your natural born instincts.
10. Always stay humble.
11. Save Your Money. I learned in my late twenties that stashing away money for a raining day is support important. I didn’t realize until that rainy cloud came and rained hard on my head. Start saving early. That little nest egg can save us from a down pour.
12. My knees will never be the same. Welp, I have to be okay that I will never have Megan Thee Stallion knees. I won’t be able to “pop lock and drop it” no more. So I am okay with just doing the two step lol. I may attempt to twerk every once awhile.
13. Drink plenty of water around the clock. Especially when you first wake up.
14. Own up to your mistakes. Fess up to what you done wrong. Trust me, we have all made mistakes and hurt someone feelings. The best thing you can do is own up to our mistakes, apologize, and move on.
15. I’m not married and have no kids… oh well. I’m not married and have no kids right now. Stop worrying about the biological clock and just live. There are lot of ladies that are starting families later and later. Don’t get caught up in my clock. A good man and child will come when you least expect. So enjoy that time that you have for yourself.
16. Communication is key. I hate confrontation and I often times to keep to myself. At my age I still have a hard time communicating to others about how I feel. However, after all my intense moments with others communications help solve a lot of problem that I tried to avoided. Be willing to listen and communicate with others. Less headaches in the long run.
17. Never stop learning. It is always room to learn something new. We don’t know everything, and that is okay. It is easy for us when we get a bit older to get stuck in our ways. To add, not always being receptive to learn from younger folks. I always talk about how Generations Z are so much different from Millennial. Often time believe I can’t learn from them. I sound a like a baby boomer judging my generation. No matter how old you get always be willing to listen and learn. Be teachable and you won’t get left behind.
19. I love blogging! This was one the best things I started doing in my 20s. I can’t wait to see what more my blogging careers bring in my 30s.
20. I need extra time in the morning. I take my time in the morning. I have solid morning routine that I stick to. So with that being said I devoted extra time in the morning to start my day off on the right path.
21. I have to monitor what I eat, Now! My stomach acts up a lot now. I can’t wat was I use to eat. So monitor what I eat, see exactly how it makes me feel.
22. Manifesting is real. Think and speak positivity into your world. Watch how things manifest for you.
23. I still can’t walk in heels. Will never get use to heels. Even in my 30s I will have to carry flats to stop the ache lol
24. I need 7 hours of sleep. I use to be able to function without much sleep. Now I have to get at least 7 hours of sleep. I can’t function properly throughout the day without optimal amount of sleep.
25. Speak up and mean what you say!
26. Be confident. I am more confident in who I am now. It was hard at times and I definitely wavered in this. However, I am happy with who I am. I stop getting shook up by not having a certain things to bring me comfort. I am where I am suppose to be. I am good with that !
27. Level of self awareness increases. I use to be the person that dished it, but couldn’t take it when give me back the same rude energy I was giving. I used to be so hurt, how sway?? Here is another case. I use to be upset when my friends would never call me. I would say, “Why they not calling me.” My mom would say “Did you call them, Alayna.” Of course I didn’t. Long story short I gain self awareness in my twenties. I learn if you put out bad energy, you get bad energy in return. I learn that is not always about me and feelings. I had to take my friends and everyone else’s feeling in account to.
28. You can’t pour from an empty cup. You have to take care of yourself first. I often run on empty in my twenties. I was ripping and running, and wonder why I was burnt out. I was so sad at times. You have to breathe. Get away for a quick minute. Let yourself recharge. This often times hard to do. However you have to make time to put yourself first. If your not at 100% then everything is crumbling.
29. Check up on your people. Don’t get self absorbed with yourself. Make time to check up on your strong friends, or your not so strong friends. Check up on your family members too. Check up on your people that check up on you. It a good practice to have.
30. Cheers to the new beginning! I have learn so much in my twenties. Some good and some bad. I learned to love and value myself. Protect and forgive myself. I started my blog, finish college, got my apartment, and took care of myself. I gain a lot and learn to deal with the losses. My thirties are going to be enlightening, fun, and so much better! I excited to see what my 30s have to offer. Hopefully a house? Husband? Successsful blog endeavors? I just know I am so thankful to be here in this moment.
Location: Warren, Michigan
Photographer: Marisa Kimmel – Marisa Kimmel Photography
What are your thoughts on 30? If you are already there, what is the best part?
Share with me in the comment section. Let’s talk about sis!! I hope January is an amazing month for you.
Thank you so much for reading and don’t hesitate to like, and comment. Please make sure you subscribe to my newsletter. Let me know what you wanna see in the future on the blog ! I am here for y’all! 🙂