Happy June! I am looking forward to this month. Definitely looking forward to being well and starting my business and more. In regards starting my own business, my soft launch is Friday! Last month my goal and focus was to make sure to trust in my abilities. That is exactly what I did and now I am launching a business. Yes a resale shop. I am so excited! Anyway, what are you looking to this month?
The month of June, I am claiming it, it is going to be a great month for you and me. I know it
So what happening in June? In today’s post I am sharing the a quick summer essentials highlighting basic wear. In addition, I am sharing my own personal goals & reflections! Let get into it.
Related: What’s Happening, May?
WHAT’S HAPPENING? WHAT ON TREND OR IN STYLE… ESPECIALLY IN JUNE !!
Let get into the fashion side of thing. So we can finally begin to switch our gears bit from spring fashion into summer. Summer basic do not have to be boring. Summer is in full effect now so I am sharing quick list of basic summer essentials. Basic can be boring however these are some fun pieces that can be styled up and down. These pieces are so necessary for the summer!
Stay tuned I am going to be sharing some great colorful summer pieces for Pride Month. In addition, paying homage to Black Music Month throughout. Make sure to follow me @FashionLayn on Instagram and/or TikTok !
Basic Summer Essentials
Here is List of current Summer Essentials for the month of June
- Ribbed Tank Top
- Denim Shorts: with distress hems or Bermuda short
- Little Black Dress especially with cutouts go a long way. Chic and
- Light Jackets: Denim Trucker jacket, or
- Favorite: &Other Stories Front Tie Denim Jacket
- Striped Shirts
- Button Down Shirt (ULTIMATE FAVORITE): You can definitely find tons of these pieces at the thrift store. Try thredUP for sustainable pieces.
- Trousers: Go for linen or linen blend trousers. Wide leg trousers are great essential too! Cargo pants go a long way in the summer months
- Hats: Straw hats or crochet hats , dad hats, or sun visors are all great summer essentials!
- Slip Skirts
Shop My Favorite Summer Essentials:
For more information on summer essentials and pieces you can thrift for the summer check out my post here.
In addition make sure to subscribe to YouTube channel for more Thrift Hauls and pieces you can source at the thrift store for the summer here.
PERSONAL NOTE/ GOALS
LETS REFLECT , LAST MONTH WAS SOOOO CHALLENGING 🙂
I am looking forward to June. OMG! Finally we will be out of the mercury retrograde. If you love astrology and then you know exactly what I am talking about. This one has been the hardest one for me to get through. Anyway I am looking forward to launching my business and finally feeling better.
First, in April I starting entertaining the idea of selling a few pieces I would find at the thrift store. Thrifting has been a great for me to save my money, and save the planet. As a results, I though it would be great to turn it into online based resale shop. You know start off small and see how it goes. In addition, while working through starting my business, I had to remind myself to trust my abilities. So let me at least try. Trust in my skillset and my research. Thus let’s start launching a business in something that I really enjoy to do.
My resale shop is called VintageLayn. I thought it would be great to start off on Poshmark and see how it goes. New items will be launched on Friday, June 3rd! Thus, to be among the first make sure to follow VintageLayn here on Instagram and shop here.
Have a launched a business? How did your first month of sales went ?
IN THE MONTH OF JUNE MY GOALS ARE…
- Working on improving my finances. I have been sticking to a budget, tracking my daily finances, and shopping with cash only
- Setting up my resale shop. One of the hardest goals I want to finishing up this month.
- I am still healing. Everyday actually. So I give myself time to pray and meditate in the morning and at night. In addition write one thing down that I am grateful out of the day.
- Stand up for myself even when I feel like I am small. I am allowed to speak up for myself
- Work on time management by setting measurable and attainable goals for myself. I see that creating a to-do list has been helping stay focus on what I need and want to do for the day.
- When I am feeling stress out at work, take a day off or use my coping skill technique I learn for anxious moments. I can improve on following through for myself. Take action and trust in my skillset
- Commit to buying from 1-2 black owned business or donate to organization that benefits the Black community, or the underprivileged once a month.
- Remember to be kind to myself, Giving myself grace. Say one thing you love about yourself everyday.
- Get back into YouTube again! YOUTUBE Continuance. Produce 1 video each week to help grow my channel and influence.
MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW ME ON TIK TOK, CLICK HERE, TO SHOWCASE MY FLAT LAY DESIGN VIDEOS, EASY THRIFTING TIP, AND FUN !
HOW WAS LAST MONTH FOR YOU? WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS MONTH? WHAT ARE YOUR JUNE GOALS?
Share with me in the comment section. Let’s talk about sis!! I hope the month of JUNE is an amazing month for you.
Thank you so much for reading and don’t hesitate to like, and comment. Please make sure you subscribe to my newsletter. Let me know what you wanna see in the future on the blog! I am here for y’all! 🙂