Happy May! Another new fresh start. Is it me or was I the only person that thought we had another day left in April. Ha ha ha. Anyway, time is flying and it time to get back to business. After, a challenging April I am ready to tackle what May has to offer.
So what are you looking forward to this month? I know for myself, I am looking forward to actually clarity, peace , and trusting my abilities. In addition, diving in launching my OWN business and improving my credit.
So what happening in May? In today’s post I am sharing the springs trend you can take into the summer, and my own personal goals & reflections! Let get into it.
Related: What’s Happening, April?
WHAT’S HAPPENING? WHAT ON TREND OR IN STYLE… ESPECIALLY IN MAY !!
Fashion is just like spring, it comes it go. Now we are discussing fashion trends for the summer. I am looking forward to having HOT GIRL SUMMER. Wanting to get back to dating, and having a better personal life; wardrobe is a great start. I have done some research , and according to Who What Wear site, these are some spring trends you can take into the summer months. In addition, note you can shop these trends sustainably too!
HERE IS A LIST OF MORE SPRING TRENDS TO TAKE INTO THE SUMMER MONTHS
- Y2K Fashion, basically clothes I use to wear as a millennial. Velour jumpsuit, fairy grunge era, Juicy Couture, baby tees, and low rise jeans.
- It covers the late 90’s and early mid 2000s. Early pop culture, energy, and shopping habits at that time.
- Sporty sunglasses
- Chunky sandals, wedge sandals, and exaggerated platform heels
- platform heels are my favorite because I can walk in them lol.
- Clashing prints
- Micro mini skirts
- Crochet tops & open knit dresses
- Maxi slip dress
- Windbreaker pants
- Bucket hats or bandanas
- Note: you can get expensive bandanas from your local beauty supply store. In addition, another option to buy scarves from thrift store. You recycling and reducing your carbon print when recycling manmade materials like polyester.
What trends are you loving?
Overall it going to be a great summer with these trends. Please note that you can shop quite a few of these trends at the thrift store, resell, and vintage shops. For example, you can finds some great clashing prints, crochet tops, and all the Y2K trends too. In addition, perhaps you can make your own windbreaker pants. So many options, it is endless.
SHOP MY FAVORITE SPRING TRENDS?
PERSONAL NOTE/ GOALS
LETS REFLECT , LAST MONTH WAS SOOOO CHALLENGING 🙂
Now, there are 3 major things I want to improve on this month. I have to keep it real-my finances, dating again (sigh), and building a business.
The Break up…
First, I broke up with my boyfriend after 6 months of being together. I honestly thought we were working on everything. However, I never thought I would have to deal with betrayal… again. The pain I felt was tremendous, and it still hurts. That is grief.
After bucket full of tears, journal, therapy, and talking with my love ones I started to feel better. It going take some but it is healing. There is no perfect way to heal and we all have to be patient with ourselves. In the month of May I am looking forward to healing, and DATING again. I am not going to let one bad situation stop me from believing in loving and finding love again.
Secondly, my finances are bad because I have been spending more then I’ve been taking in. Due to the break up I have been feeling lonely and depressed. Since then I have been leaning on my personal favorite therapy… retail. Now, I have to hold myself accountable, I have not always been the greatest with my finances. However, I plan to dig myself out of this hole.
First I am going to start by tracking my finances for a month. Set a realistic shopping budget that will set me up for success. Lastly use the cash only method when shopping to avoid using my debit and credit card.
Now remember early I mention starting my business. I want to get into this reseller business. I want to turn my hobby of thrifting into a business. So how am I going to do this?
I have been taking some business classes since my 9-to -5 job has been super slow. Be Your Boss class. The major key I took away that starting your own business you will have rely own your own personal credit. That is main reason why I need to improve. My next read is “Becoming Your Own Boss in 12 Months by Melinda Emerson. This book I am sure will point me in the right direction when it comes to starting my online resell shop.
Overall, May is going my month I actually start preparing myself. With the help of my goals I listed out I sure it will be attainable. What are your goals for the month of May?
IN THE MONTH OF MAY MY GOALS ARE…
1) Improve on my finances by sticking to a budget, tracking my daily finances, and shopping with cash only.
2) I am healing. Give myself time to pray in the and meditate in the morning and at night. In addition write down 1 thing I grateful out of each day
3) Stand up for myself even when I feel like I am small. I am allowed to speak up for myself
4) Work on time management by setting measurable and attainable goals for myself. I see that creating a to-do list has been helping stay focus on what I need and want to do for the day.
5) When I am feeling stress out at work, take a day off or use my coping skill technique I learn for anxious moments. I can improve on following through for myself. Take action and trust in my skillset
6) Commit to buying from 1-2 black owned business or donate to organization that benefits the Black community, or the underprivileged once a month.
7) Remember to be kind to myself, Giving myself grace. Say one thing you love about yourself everyday.
8) Get back into Youtube again! YOUTUBE Continuance. Produce 1 video each week to help grow my channel and influence.
MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW ME ON TIK TOK, CLICK HERE, TO SHOWCASE MY FLAT LAY DESIGN VIDEOS, EASY THRIFTING TIP, AND FUN !
HOW WAS LAST MONTH FOR YOU? WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS MONTH? WHAT ARE YOUR MAY GOALS?
Share with me in the comment section. Let’s talk about sis!! I hope the month of May is an amazing month for you.
Thank you so much for reading and don’t hesitate to like, and comment. Please make sure you subscribe to my newsletter. Let me know what you wanna see in the future on the blog! I am here for y’all! 🙂