Do you need a new wardrobe?.. I know I do. I have been struggling. My goal this month was to upgrade my fashion. Project Fashion Style Up. But I don’t have any extra money to spend on my wardrobe. Overtime has been cut sooo I have wear what I already got hun….. So what do I do ? What do we do friend lol.
I could give up SHOPPING, but I’m not a quitter
FASHION ON A BUDGET TIPS
Tips for Fashion fam with the small pockets. My money ain’t long sis.. Im broke man!
What are the secrets to looking look fashion forward with a budget. The struggle is real. So here are some the tips that I think can help my sisters with short pockets and extend their coins. You ready.. take a look.
- Set a Budget: Like your everyday finance you have to set a budget. Clothes is not up high on the list. So first figure how much money you have to spend on clothes. What you have left over. So figure out what need. Get 100 buck in cash if that what you have to spend extra and stick to your list of clothes that you need. Happy Spending !
work hard so you can shop harder
- Shop you closet: We have some many clothes that we just don’t wear and remember you ain’t got no money. SIMPLY SHOP YOUR CLOSET! Pull out some things and see what you can do with them. Put some new buttons on your sweater. Refurbish your outfits if you need to. Just try to see what you have in your closet. I have came across so many fits that I was like … why didn’t I wear this ? Just confused! NO WIRE HANGER !!! random
- Sell your clothes you don’t wear: Those clothes that you just don’t like anymore or never wear sell them to resale shop, donate/giveaway, or toss. Make three piles for sell, donate/giveaway, and toss clothes and go to town in your clothes. Make some room for you soon to be new wardrobe.
- Classic vs Trendy Fashion: Try to go for classic pieces versus trendy. I am a trendy girl I love to buy clothes that are super trendy. But like all trends they die hard. So yes it okay to love trendy clothes but focus on getting more classic pieces. Those pieces will last you a bit longer and less trips to the mall
- Investment Pieces: This is the only time you can splurge. Do I get 5 things on trend or less expensive pieces or do you get something that will last you awhile? It is okay to buy one expensive piece that you know can last you a lot of times.
- GOTTA HAVE (Staple pieces) Figure out what wear you need and absolutely love. ex. Jean jacket. My staple piece is jean jacket and I have to keep this in my closet to might. I consider this my classic wear.
- I love coupon codes!!: Use coupons and codes… download RetailMeNot app so codes can be at yo finger tips.
- Outlet & Discount Stores are you friends. Save a few coins and get some cool designer clothes… win win !
- Thrift shopping: You also can get a lot of cool things from the thrift store. You can be really creative or you can find so dope vintage wear. Be open to this!
- Take a peek in the Menswear: I heard through the grapevine that their clothes are cheaper
- Follow Budget Friendly Blogger: Like Me :). Lol yes! but really follow budget friendly bloggers, they can give you deets on the fits on a budget.
- My favorite magazine is PeopleStyle (fka People Stylewatch) and they always have affordable fashion finds, coupon codes, and dupes.
SO YES! HERE YOU GO … IF YOU HAVE ANY TIPS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE ON HOW YOU STAY FASHION FORWARD ON A BUDGET , PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW. DON’T BE STRANGER GIRL.
OH YEAH GO AHEAD AND LIKE AND SHARE THIS POST!!
HAPPY WARDROBE SHOPPING LADIES !
push forward and be fierce with your new threads!!
**Feature Picture: Photo Credit- Richelle Marie Photography IG: @richellemariephoto
Ha! I love this! I’m an avid thrifter so most of my closet is purchased from Goodwill or online consignment stores!
Yes all my clothes from non expensive places … like forever 21, Zara and etc ! I am starting to get more into thrifting!