5 Ways to Hold Yourself Accountable
Accountability: Calling yourself out !
Myself: Huh lol
Me: Yeah you.. come to the carpet ! We need to talk !
Myself: *sigh* Okay
Accountability works the other way to you know. You can’t always hold others accountable for what they do… you have start look at yourself and what you do too.
Before I wrote out my goals for March I reflected on the month of February. I noticed that I did not reach any of my personal goals nor was I consistent on my blog. I was thinking and I was coming up with some many excuses as to why I did not achieve my goals or work on my blog enough ! None of it was making sense. As I was pointing fingers at other things in regards to why I was not being consistent on my blog or reaching my goals… I had three fingers point back at me. It was on me ! I let myself down, I was being lazy, I was not using my time wisely . It was all on me! I had to hold myself accountable for my actions and choices. Tough pill to swallow right . I realize that it time to take myself serious ! Stop sabotaging myself! I was the reason why my growth was stalling.
GETTING IN MY OWN WAY ! UMMM WELL IT TIME TO GET IT TOGETHER!
What does the phrase mean “holding yourself accountable” ?
Accountability alone is about holding something responsible. Personal responsibility is holding yourself responsible- not someone else. I am learning that once you become more aware of yourself, and holding yourself accountable that you will improve dramatically. So be proactive! You have to change your mindset! If you want something you have to go out there and get it. So if you want to flourish in life, start holding yourself accountable for what you do and say. Be more aware of your actions, responsibilities, and goals. (Those are three ways to hold yourself accountable) I have a understanding if I do this I will see a big improvement in my personal life, and professional life.
5 Ways to Hold Yourself Accountable
- Be in the right mindset: I think if you want to hold yourself accountable that you need to be in a positive state of mind. I like creating goals after reading a book that put me in a good mood. So if I feel inspire then I feel compel to create and do !
- Create a to-do list and honor it !: To hold yourself accountable you have to be a little organize. I prefer to create a to do list! The list has to be on me at all times and I have to actively cross things off. So yes write your goals, or what you want to accomplish on some paper. Make it accessible and honer that list. Cross things off that accomplish. Sidenote: Do not start anything new until you knock the things you want to accomplish first!
- Spend your time wisely: Make sure you are using all your time dedicated to what you need to do ! Example: I lose out on time because I am literally scrolling on Instagram. That could be time I am using to write out my blog post for the next day. Oh man ! Yes you have become more aware of how you are using your time sis! Make it all count.
- Have a person that hold you accountable: Get you a buddy (real friend) that will help hold yourself accountable. A friend that will make you aware of your actions, and what you are doing. Everybody has that one friend that wants to see them grow, so put them to use !
- Stop putting things off: A lot of times I put things off because I am scared. Scared of the outcome ! Fear is a b word. If something that you want to do set some goals and do it ! We all gotta do the work! There are no shortcuts in success !
Go out and be great ! Pull yourself on the carpet and hold your self accountable for your actions and choices, what your responsible for, and your personal goals. I want use to grow sis.
SIDENOTE: The fashion is coming yall !!! I have a couple photoshoots plan and done ! So keep rocking with me!